We all have those moments. Those moments when we lose sight of our goals and lose touch with our purpose. Sometimes we feel it when life has been a bit chaotic, or when things have been feeling stagnant. It’s easy to feel unmotivated, unsuccessful, and uncentered from time to time, but it’s ok, it’s a part of being human. Life wouldn’t be so exciting if we were constantly “on top of” things- sometimes we need to feel the slow moments to be able to enjoy the highs.
Often times when I come across an inspiring quote or piece of compelling advice, I write it down on a post-it and stick it in my planner. Sometimes the words come from a TED Talk, sometimes from a book, and sometimes they even come from a little tea bag label. A few weeks ago I was organizing my planner, and realized that I had a cluster of little post-its peppered among the pages, each one delivering words of wisdom scribbled in blue or black ink. I collected all of the post-its and spread them out on my desk. I reread them, and realized that they all had one thing in common: they reminded me of my purpose. Reading all of those little notes made me feel refreshed and energized in a way that a cup of coffee couldn’t rival. I decided to consolidate all of these post-its on one page of my journal so that I could have a place for these ideas to live and serve as a convenient reminder of what matters most to me. Now, whenever I’m feeling a bit lost or restless, I try to recalibrate my mood and perspective by reminding myself of my purpose and visiting this page in my journal. These words breathe positivity, motivation, and compassion into my life, and I highly recommend this creation of a written mosaic of reminders to everyone. I’d like to share a few of my own reminders to myself, and hope they inspire you to recenter your purpose, too.
- Live for your purpose. Live to help others, uplift their moods, and change their attitudes.
- If you follow what makes sense to you intrinsically, you’ll be on the right path. Listen to your gut.
- Create tiny moments of thoughtfulness that make you happy. Remind a loved one that you care for them.
- When you establish peace, love, and kindness in yourself, you cannot act any other way to the outside world.
- Take time to heal yourself; do the internal work. If you’re empty, you will have nothing left to give.
- Relax, and savor every experience. Nothing is permanent, and there are lessons to be learned in everything you go through.
- Don’t underestimate yourself- you are better than you think.
Born in Ukraine and raised in Chicago, Iryna takes pride in her Ukrainian roots. She loves writing, cooking (and eating) all kinds of food, pursuing new fitness trends, and exploring all things related to personal growth. She hopes this blog brings you value in one way or another and helps you to become a better version of you.