Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays, mostly because of the delicious food (only partially kidding), and definitely because it’s a wonderful opportunity to spend time with loved ones and appreciate everything we have. In our every day life, it’s so easy to overlook the good that’s all around us, because we’re so conditioned to focus on the bad, the scary, and the negative, but Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on everything we have to be grateful for. Here’s a list of things I’m grateful for, in no particular order.
- Family – Yes it’s a cliche statement, but it really is the first thing that comes to mind. I would not be who I am or where I am today if it wasn’t for my family. I probably don’t show it or say it nearly enough, but I appreciate each one of my family members immensely and I treasure my relationship with each of them.
- Food – It makes me happy. It’s as simple as that, food brings me joy and I love it.
- Books – I don’t read as much as I would like to, but I’m trying to change that. I appreciate the hell out of books though, because there’s always something to learn and always somewhere to escape to when reading.
- Jade Roller – As a self care enthusiast, there’s nothing I love more than obsessing over the latest trends and products, and my jade roller is one of my absolute favorites.
- Phone – As much as I sometimes wish I lived in a different decade, one where I wasn’t connected all the time, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t appreciate my phone. It plays a huge role in my life and I’m grateful for it.
- Apartment – As someone who lived with my parents for most of my life, the last year and a half living on my own has been a true blessing. I appreciate having my own place so so much, and I always remind myself how lucky I am.
- Candles – I am obsessed with candles and I’m not ashamed to have it on my list. They bring a sense of calm to my life, which I desperately need, and they make me happy.
- Brunch – see #2. But this is just the best meal of the day (weekend).
- Sleep – this almost made #1 on my list.
- Traveling – Going somewhere I’ve never been before and exploring everything it has to offer will always be my favorite hobby.
- Friends – I don’t know where I’d be without them. It’s so important to have friends who support you, uplift you, encourage you, and tell you the harsh truth at times. I appreciate every single one of my friendships and the value they bring to my life.
- Memes – they never fail to make me laugh. And I need a good laugh every day.
- Coffee – it transforms me into a (somewhat) functional adult who (seemingly) has it all together.
- Wine – for any occasion. And other alcohol for when needed.
- Podcasts – have improved my commute so much and I am always excited to listen and learn something new.
- Dry shampoo – works miracles and sometimes makes my hair look even better than after I wash it – much appreciated.
- Baths – the best therapy after a long and stressful day. Throw in some bath bombs, light some candles, add a bottle of wine, and there’s nothing more relaxing.
- AirPods – the best practical gift I recently received. They are so convenient, especially for someone who commutes in the Chicago winter. Nobody’s got time for tangled cords under your scarf and winter jacket on a train with humans packed like sardines.
- Job – I guess I should put this on here as it’s what pays the bills and allows me to maintain the lifestyle I do.
- A Star is Born Soundtrack – still obsessed and not sorry about it.
It’s important to appreciate the little things that make us happy and also reflect on everything we have to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!
A working professional and a lifelong dreamer, Bohdana strives to merge her passions with her everyday reality. She is a proud Ukrainian and a loyal Chicagoan (despite the winters). She loves traveling, reading, pursuing self-improvement, and sharing her stories. Allow this blog to bring you motivation and inspiration on your own journey to rise beyond.